20 Nerdy Child Stars Who Grew Up Too Fast
3. Mara Wilson: Mara established her position as an actress through her roles as Natalie in Mrs. Doubtfire, Susan in Miracle on 34th Street, and her famous starring role in Matilda. However, she decided to take a step back from the spotlight to pursue a career in writing and professional speaking. She has, since then, written two novels and made appearances in many internet videos.
4. Madison Pettis: We all know this curly haired cutie from her adorable role in The Game Plan, but she actually started her acting career on Barney and continued to star in Disney’s Cory in the House. Her most recent roles involve her character as Daria in The Fosters, or Janelle in The Lab Rats.
5. Abigail Breslin: Remember Olive from Little Miss Sunshine! Oh, has she grown up since her first actress role in Signs as Bo Hess. She’s starred in a series of great films, including My Sister’s Keeper, Zombieland and Nim’s Island.
6. Alyson Stoner: Alyson has come a far way since her role as Sarah Baker in Cheaper by the Dozen. Other than being in movie hit, Step Up, she has starred in many music videos as a dancer, including that of Missy Elliot’s Work it and Eminem’s Just Lose It.
7. Kylie Jenner: Her entire life was open to the public at a very young age. While she is not exactly a singer or dancer, she is definitely a child star who has built herself in the world of business. With her clothing and makeup lines, Jenner has completely transformed throughout the years.
8. Ariel Winter: Obtaining the role of Alex Dunphy in Modern Family was a pivotal point in Ariel’s acting career. Since then, we have seen a little girl grow into a beautiful young woman right in front of our eyes.
9. Demi Lovato: Although Demi’s acting career began on Barney, it really took off with her lead role in Camp Rock. Since then, she has had her own show, Sonny with the a Chance. While she has struggled with her fair share of personal problems, Demi now uses her platform to mentor teens while continuing to make inspiring music.
10. Selena Gomez: Where to begin? Selena has come such a long way since her childhood role in Barney and Friends. Her career really sky rocketed with her role as Alex in Wizards of Waverly Place. Since then, she has starred in a fair share of films while working as a business woman, singer, executive producer, fashion designer and a philanthropist.
11. Dylan and Cole Sprouse: No one can forget the two adorable twins that stole our teenage hearts as Zack and Cody in Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Since then, the two attended NYU to study archaeology and video game design and successfully graduated.
12. Miley Cyrus: Miley became queen of the teenage acting and singing world when she scored her starring role in Hannah Montana. Since she left Disney, she has been able to explore her music taste a bit, and as we can see 2017 Miley is slowly transforming her music style to fit the country taste her family is known for.
13. Dakota Fanning: Dakota demonstrated her raw talent in the movie I Am Sam. Since then, she has starred in many memorable fils including Uptown Girls and War of the Worlds.
14. One Direction: Talk about teenage heartthrob. It’s been seven years since these four lads met on X Factor and formed the group that stole all teenage hearts. These boys have really grown up in front of our eyes. The teenagers that we were initially introduced have all become young, successful, handsome men in a short time.
15. Freddie Highmore: Almost everyone knows English actor Freddie Highmore for his charming role as Peter in Finding Neverland along with his captivating role as Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
16. Elle Fanning: Elle was once simply known as Dakota Fanning’s sister. However, she began to create a career for herself with some roles in voice acting as well as her amazing role of Sleeping Beauty aside Angelina Jolie in Maleficent.
17. Daniel Tay: This actor’s a little harder to pinpoint. You may think you don’t know him but that’s just because you don’t recognize him. Daniel has managed to lay low since his role of Michael alongside Will Ferrell in Elf.
18. Justin Bieber: Justin was once a young boy from Ontario, Stratford, Canada. His life changed when he was recognized on Youtube for his talented voice. He entered the world of fame when he was nearly 13 and was breaking records since he was 16. It’s safe to say the name Justin Bieber holds a lot of powers nowadays.
19. Thomas Brodie-Sangster: This little guy caught our eye in Love Actually, when he took on the role of Sam. He continued to build on his acting career when he played Simon Brown in Nanny McPhee. We’ve seen him mature and grow as a person right before our very eyes, and his acting career has followed a similar path with roles in Maze Runner and Game of Thrones.
20. Josh Peck: Who can forget Josh Peck when he’s taken on such hilarious roles in The Amanda Show and Drake and Josh. While he was initially the nerdy goofball, that reputation no longer exists. Now 30, Josh has become a major heartthrob and still continues acting.